Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
At Ziauddin Medical College a student is identified as an adult learner and is expected to utilize inborn capabilities to adapt and understand the rapidly changing academic atmosphere around the world.
Academic schedule for the MBBS degree programme, reflects the innovative system-based course. The course content is presented with a Body System based Modular approach which is in line with regulations of the Pakistan Medical Commission for MBBS degree. Emphasis is given to the development of conceptual understanding and the ability to construct knowledge for oneself. The students are actively involved in their learning process and assessment involves examining the learner’s entire conceptual network, not just focusing on discreet facts and principles. For the clinical training and experience the students are rotated through all three hospitals affiliated with the University.
Faculty of Ziauddin Medical College has taken the initiative of improving quality of medical education by fostering adult learning styles, catering to the requirements of the students and early introduction of clinical experience. In order to facilitate student learning, the basic medical sciences curriculum utilizes multiple learning and assessment strategies.
Curriculum reviews are critical and take place on regular basis to incorporate content updates in the form of themes for quality improvement purposes. Patient Safety, Medical Ethics and Medical Genetics are the integrated themes that have been recently introduced vertically in MBBS curriculum.
Faculty from Basic Health Sciences (BHS), Community Health Sciences (CHS) and Clinical Sciences are collaboratively engaged in teaching programmes. As a result, students develop a comprehensive understanding and holistic approach to recognize and solve healthcare problems.
The Primary Health Care (PHC) programme run by the university serves as educational site for community-based training. The PHC programme is a unique prototype of partnership between academia, local NGOs, government and international NGOs for education, research and service.
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
- Have passed MDCAT examination conducted by the National Medical Authority with minimum 65% marks.
- Obtained a Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or Equivalent 12th Grade Qualification and having obtained 70% marks in Pre- Medical.
- A written aptitude test (MCQ) will be conducted.
- Pakistani and foreign students are required to appear for an interview.
- Proficiency in English language, both in written and verbal expression is required.
- With GCE Cambridge/London, ‘Advanced level’ (A level), American High School Diploma, and other equivalent Certificates or Diplomas, an equivalence to HSSC (Pre-Medical) equivalence with 70% will be required from IBCC.
- For candidates who have completed HSSC or are awaiting results are also eligible to apply on provisional basis.
- It will be necessary for candidates in Pakistan and those following Pakistani System of education overseas to have studied Biology, Chemistry and Physics as mandatory subjects at the higher secondary school level.
- Candidates who have completed high school overseas may apply with Mathematics in lieu of Physics.
“Pakistani student” means a student who is a Pakistani national or defined as an overseas Pakistani under applicable law and may hold dual nationality and may be resident or non-resident in Pakistan.
“Foreign student” means a student who is not a Pakistani student and holds only a foreign nationality. Since SAT II Scores have been discontinued the foreign students have to appear in the MDCAT.
Note: Before submitting applications, applicants must ensure that they have complied with the instructions given with the application form. It remains the responsibility of the applicant to submit an application according to the instructions. Students are expected to submit photocopies of documents along with the application and originals for the purpose of verification by the university. If required, the university will check the authenticity of the documents submitted with the concerned school, college, board, or university.
An Aptitude Test for all eligible applicants will be provided to PMC in advance for review. Applicants will also be given sufficient time to appear in the test. The test consists of Multiple-Choice Questions of various types. In addition to Biology, Chemistry and Physics corresponding to that expected at the end of Intermediate Examination or equivalent qualifications e.g., 12th Year, etc., there will be questions on English and General Knowledge as well.
Short-listed applicants will be interviewed to assess their suitability to complete the MBBS course and pursue a career in health sciences.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SELECTED STUDENTS
Successful students selected for MBBS programme are expected to fulfil the following:
Verification of Educational Testimonials:
Original transcripts, mark sheets, certificates to be brought for attestation by the university.
The undergraduate programme is both physically and mentally demanding. Students offered admission are required to undergo a comprehensive medical examination including laboratory investigations and chest X-ray, before they are allowed to join classes.
Clinical experience carries a small personal risk of infection. In their own interest, and also in the interest of patients and others, students must provide evidence of immunization against the following: COVID-19, Tuberculosis (BCG), Diphtheria, Poliomyelitis, Pertussis, Hepatitis B, Tetanus, Measles/Mumps (and Rubella for females).
For further information and guidance, you may contact us on 35862937-9 or email on [email protected]
ZIAUDDIN UNIVERSITY CONSOLIDATED FEE STRUCTURE FOR MBBS
|Local Student||Foreign Student|
- Government tax will be applicable as per prevailing tax law.
- Tuition Fee of foreign student is inclusive of Government Tax.