At Faculty of Ziauddin Medical College a student is identified as an adult learner and is expected to utilise inborn capabilities to adapt and understand the rapidly changing academic atmosphere around the world.
Academic schedule for the MBBS degree programme, reflects the innovative system-based course. The first three years of training are divided into semesters and each year comprises of two semesters. For the clinical training and experience the students are rotated through all three hospitals affiliated with the University.
Faculty of Ziauddin Medical College has taken the initiative of improving quality of medical education by fostering adult learning styles, catering to the requirements of the students and early introduction of clinical experience. In order to facilitate student learning, the basic medical sciences curriculum utilises multiple instructional and assessment strategies.
The course content is presented with a Body System based Modular approach which is in line with regulations of the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council for MBBS degree. Emphasis is given to the development of conceptual understanding and the ability to construct knowledge for oneself. The students are actively involved in their learning process and assessment involves examining the learner’s entire conceptual network, not just focusing on discreet facts and principles.
Curriculum reviews are taken place critically on regular basis to incorporate content updates in the form of themes for quality improvement purposes. Patient Safety is one of these integrated themes introduced in MBBS curriculum.
Faculty from Basic Health Sciences (BHS), Community Health Sciences (CHS) and Clinical Sciences are collaboratively engaged in teaching programmes. As a result, students develop a comprehensive understanding and holistic approach to recognise and solve healthcare problems.
The primary health care programme run by the university (PHC) serves as educational site for community based training. The PHC programme is a unique prototype of partnership between academia, local NGOs, government and international NGOs for education, research and service.
As per directives of the Health Department, Government of Sindh, this year centralized admissions for MBBS are being conducted by Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences (LUMHS). Candidates are required to follow instructions given at National Testing Service (NTS) website, www.nts.org.pk and fill the application form accordingly. If you wish to join Ziauddin University, please mention “Ziauddin Medical College” in the priority box.
- Candidate must have passed obtaining minimum seventy percent marks, in higher secondary school certificate (HSSC) or F.Sc (pre-medical) or equivalent examination having minimum twelve years of education.
- Candidate must have passed obtaining minimum seventy percent marks in aggregate in, an examination of a course from a foreign university or examining body or foreign education system with at least three science subjects i.e. biology, chemistry, and either physics or mathematics and such course must have been duly certified by the inter boards committee of chairmen (IBCC) as equivalent to higher secondary school certificate (HSSC) or F.Sc. or intermediate level of Pakistan.
As per PM&DC policy, Ziauddin Medical College will admit students on foreign seats quota upto fifteen percent (15%) of its total annual seats allocated by the Council purely on merit.
Students fulfilling the following conditions will be eligible for foreign/overseas seats
- Candidate must have obtained minimum seventy percent (70%) marks in aggregate, in an examination of a course from a foreign university or examining body or foreign education system in at least three subjects i.e. biology, chemistry and either physics or mathematics and such course must have been duly certified by IBCC as equivalent to HSSC, F.Sc. or intermediate level of Pakistan.
- Candidate must have passed English language proficiency test e.g. valid TOFEL or IELTS with a minimum score of 500 or 5.5 or have a certification by National University of Modern Languages (NUML) after one year English Language course where medium of instructions for obtaining required academic qualifications for admission test is not English
- Candidate must be qualified from abroad and passed a foreign SAT II examination with minimum 550 marks in each of the three subjects i.e. biology, chemistry and either physics or mathematics or a foreign MCAT with minimum score of 500.
No candidate shall be eligible for foreign quota seat in the public and private medical and dental institutions unless he/she holds a permanent foreign nationality or is an overseas (being a Pakistani citizen/permanent resident in a foreign country) or is a Pakistani student who has studied and passed HSSC 12th grade examination or equivalent from outside Pakistan and is a resident of a foreign country at the time of applying for admission and possesses a certificate from the institution last attended to this effect.
Notification of Admission
The Registrar of the university will notify students who are successful in the admission process. Successful applicants are given a deadline by which to accept the offer of admission. Offers not accepted by the given deadline are cancelled.
Requirements for Selected Students
Successful students selected for MBBS programme are expected to fulfil the following:
Verification of Educational Testimonials:
Original transcripts, mark sheets, certificates to be brought for attestation by the university.
The undergraduate programme is both physically and mentally demanding. Students offered admission are required to undergo a comprehensive medical examination including laboratory investigations and chest X-ray, before they are allowed to join classes.
Clinical experience carries a small personal risk of infection. In their own interest, and also in the interest of patients and others, students must provide evidence of immunization against the following: Tuberculosis (BCG), Diphtheria, Poliomyelitis, Pertussis, Hepatitis B, Tetanus, Measles/Mumps (and Rubella for females)
For further information and guidance, you may contact us on 35862937-9 or email on [email protected]