Ph.D. students in various faculties of Health and Medical Sciences will have to be full time research students for a minimum period of four academic years. The award of degree shall be both by course work and thesis. The programme is recognised by PMDC and HEC and follows regulations for registration to research studies leading to the degree of doctorate in the following subjects of Medical and Health Sciences:
- MPhil/ MS/FCPS or equivalent degree recognized by PMDC/HEC.
- Minimum CGPA 3.0 in MPhil/MS in the relevant field. Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience and research potential.
- Candidates having passed NTS Subject GAT exam within two years/ ZU GAT test for admission.
- A Minimum score as per HEC rules in GAT-subject test to qualify for the interview.
A GAT (Subject-specific Test) will be conducted with 70% component of subject and 30% English and analytical (logical reasoning). The short-listed candidates will be interviewed by the Doctoral Admission Committee and required to present a short research proposal for final selection.
- Application processing fees: PKR 5,000/-
- Admission fees: PKR 200,000/- (Non-Refundable)
- Tuition fees: PKR 70,000/- Per Semester (2 Semesters)
- Examination fees: PKR 10,000/- Per Exam (2 Semesters + 1 Comprehensive)
- Thesis defense fees: PKR 100,000/-
Note: Any additional taxes imposed by the government will be the liability of the students/parents/guardian.
The University reserves the right to increase the fees if required according to the recommendation of the Governing Body.
Advance fees to be paid semester-wise. All dues need to be cleared within two weeks of commencement of the academic year. 2% surcharge per month will be levied on outstanding fees after the due date.