Revolutionize healthcare through a structured programme focusing on management, research, education, systems improvement, training and development.
To inculcate managerial competencies in healthcare professionals and bringing them at par with the changing global scenario.
Develop, monitor, evaluate, review and maintain a Postgraduate curriculum that provides:
- An essential core of knowledge and skills, concepts, tools and techniques of management and administration
- Basic concepts and techniques of problem- solving, data evaluation and assessment
- Computer application to health information
- Relevant correlations between management, finance and IT application to health care, through interdisciplinary courses and through early and continuous exposure to health care delivery facilities
- A thorough grounding in professional ethics in Health System Management needed to interact appropriately with other care-providers, administrators, patients and their families.
Hospital Administrators, Medical Directors, Unit Head of Hospitals, Doctors, Dentists, Nurses, Health technicians, Pharmacists, Doctors in Public sector health system, NGO Personnel.
Ziauddin University, Clifton
- A student should undertake 4 courses per Semester
- Saturdays (2 pm to 9 pm) and Sundays (10am to 5pm)
- Two streams: Thesis based/ Courses based
- The applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree from HEC recognized educational institution in Medicine and Allied (nursing, pharmacy, biomedical engineering etc.)
- Sixteen years of schooling or 4 year education (124 credit hours) after HSSC /F.Sc/Grade 12 equivalent will be required for admission in the MS programme.
An entrance test (GAT General) comprising of 35% verbal reasoning + 30% Qualitative reasoning + 35% Analytical Reasoning to be conducted by the University.
NTS (GAT General) with maximum validity of 2 years is also acceptable.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed for final selection.
|Fee Paying Method|
|Processing Fee (once and non-refundable)||PKR 5,000/-||Demand draft/pay order in the name of Ziauddin University|
|Admission Fee (once and non-refundable)|
|Degree Certificate Fee|
|Fee per Course (22 courses)|
|Fees for Thesis (if applicable)||PKR 50,000/-|
|Number of Courses||Credit Hours|
|Number of Courses|
Faculty is specially chosen from both Healthcare and Management; themselves leaders in their selected domains will give students the best experience of postgraduate learning.
The learning process will be through a mix of lectures, case based sessions, small group sessions, exercises, assignments and internet based teaching.
Mandatory electives in the field of choice will allow students to sharpen their skills through application of theoretical learning.
After successful completion of programme the participants will be able to:
- Analyze contemporary healthcare systems
- Incorporate research as a mandatory tool for learning and sharing new information
- Use scientific and evidence based approach for provision of quality healthcare, which is efficient and cost-effective.
- Apply epidemiological and statistical concepts for better planning and management of health related issues.
- Apply principles of financial management, allocation of resources, priority setting and decision making.
- Demonstrate use of health information systems and technology for effective management of healthcare organization.
- Market healthcare services focusing on consumer behavior and needs.
- Apply concepts of human resource management in order to optimize performance.
- Effectively manage healthcare systems at different levels of care to achieve organizational.