Revolutionize healthcare through a structured program focusing on management, research, education, systems improvement, training and development
To inculcate managerial competencies in healthcare professionals and bringing them at par with the changing global scenario.
Develop, monitor, evaluate, review and maintain a Postgraduate curriculum that provides:
- An essential core of knowledge and skills, concepts, tools and techniques of management and administration
- Basic concepts and techniques of problem- solving, data evaluation and assessment
- Computer application to health information
- Relevant correlations between management, finance and IT application to health care, through interdisciplinary courses and through early and continuous exposure to health care delivery facilities
- A thorough grounding in professional ethics in Health System Management needed to interact appropriately with other care-providers, administrators, patients and their families.
Hospital Administrators, Medical Directors, Unit Head of Hospitals, Doctors, Dentists, Nurses,
Health technicians, Pharmacists, Doctors in Public sector health system, NGO Personnel
- A student should undertake 4 courses per Semester
- Saturdays (2 pm to 9 pm) and Sundays (10am to 5pm)
The applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree from HEC recognized educational institution in Medicine and Allied (nursing, pharmacy, biomedical engineering etc.)
- Sixteen years of schooling or 4 year education (124 credit hours) after HSSC /F.Sc/Grade 12 equivalent will be required for admission in the MPhil/MS.
To be conducted by the Ziauddin University and Preliminary interview
|Fee Paying Method|
|Processing Fee||PKR 5000/-||Demand draft/pay order in the name of Ziauddin University|
|Degree Certificate Fee|
|Fee per Course||PKR 15000/-|
- Managing Healthcare Organization
- Epidemiology and Demography
- Communication Skills for Healthcare Workers
- Research Methodology
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Health Management Information System (HMIS)
- Introduction to Healthcare Systems
- Ethics, law and Jurisprudence
- Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
Faculty is specially chosen from both Healthcare and Management; themselves leaders in their selected domains will give students the best experience of postgraduate learning.
The learning process will be through a mix of lectures, case based sessions, small group sessions, exercises, assignments and internet based teaching.
Mandatory electives in the field of choice will allow students to sharpen their skills through application of theoretical learning
After successful completion of program the participants will be able to:
- Analyze contemporary healthcare systems
- Incorporate research as a mandatory tool for learning and sharing new information
- Use scientific and evidence based approach for provision of quality healthcare, which is efficient and cost-effective.
- Apply epidemiological and statistical concepts for better planning and management of health related issues.
- Apply principles of financial management, allocation of resources, priority setting and decision making.
- Demonstrate use of health information systems and technology for effective management of healthcare organization.
- Market healthcare services focusing on consumer behavior and needs.
- Apply concepts of human resource management in order to optimize performance.
- Effectively manage healthcare systems at different levels of care to achieve organizational