Aim of the course: To be a competent practicing physician with evidence based updated knowledge and skills and be able to provide holistic care to all members of the community based on biopsychosocial model.
Course Duration: 6 months
Course starts: August 1st and February 1st each year
Course ends: January 31st and July 31st each year
Course Structure: 1 recorded online lecture biweekly (Monday and Thursday 11 to 1pm) followed by questions and answers. Candidates will be able to go through all lectures till the end of course.
Assessment Strategy: Exit Exam after 6 months in which 50 one best Online MCQs. Passing marks 60%.
Fee Structure: Rs 3000 for registration and Rs 35000 tution fee to be submitted at the time of enrolment.
1) To be able to develop a rational plan of care for the patient, including identification and reduction of risk factors.
2) To be able to assess post hospitalization needs and prevent complications.
3) To be able to give appropriate speciality referrals if required ,coordinate and lead the team if multiple health care professionals have to be involved.
Advantages of the Course:
By sitting at home , one can be updated with current concepts in the field of medicine and be able to learn the approach to common ailments. It’s a wonderful opportunity to practice Family Medicine and learn managing a variety of medical issues from children to adults, both men and women as well as elderly.
What documentation is required for admission?
MBBS degree, 1 year house job certificate and valid PMDC certificate
Will I be able to follow the lectures afterwards?
Yes, candidate will be able to go through all the lectures till the end of 6 months.
What is the fee structure?
Rs 3000 for registration and Rs 35000 for the course.
Can I submit half the fee later?
No, full amount has to be submitted prior to enrolment.
- Adult history & OBGyn History
- Pediatrics history
- Approach to fever
- Approach to a patient with cough
- Approach to patient with chest pain
- Approach to a patient with fatigue
- Approach to a patient with back pain
- Approach to a patient with dyspepsia
- Approach to vaginal discharge
- Approach to patient with headache
- Acute abdomen
- Lower back pain
- Heart Failure
- Ischemic heart disease
- Well child visit and PCM
- Neonatal examination and Child with lump
- Abnormal uterine bleeding & PCOS
- Pre-natal care
- UTI and Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
- Thyroid Disorders
- Approach to bleeding P/R
- Asthma and COPD
- Community Acquired Pneumonia and ILD
- Approach to patient with arthralgias
- Rheumatoid Arthritis & Osteoarthritis
- Gout and Osteoporosis
- Major Depressive Disorder & Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Somatoform Disorder & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder & Schizophrenia
- Common ENT problems
- Common Eye problems
- Common dermatological ailments
- Interpretation of CBC
- Interpretation of Spirometry
- Software and Tele medicine
- Patient Communication and Soft Skills
- Ethics and Data Privacy
- Leadership and Personal Development
MBBS plus 12 months house job and valid PMDC certificate
Rs 3000 for registration and Rs 35000 tution fee to be submitted at the time of enrolment.
|Registration||PKR 3000||Payable Once|
|Tuition||PKR 35,000||Payable Once|
Note: Avail a 20% scholarship if someone is a SehatKahani network registered physician.